What to Think About Before Hiring a DUI Attorney
Even if your case looks simple, you should consider hiring a lawyer if you are charged with DUI. You might have to deal with license suspension, higher insurance rates, and other negative repercussions in addition to fines, jail time, and other penalties.
In most states, DUI is a felony, and the defendant has a right to legal representation in a criminal proceeding. However, the court will appoint a public defender to your case if you request a free attorney. While many public defenders put in a lot of effort on behalf of the accused, they typically manage many instances with little funding.
As a result, a public defender might not be able to craft a defense with the finesse and care that a private attorney could. Therefore, selecting a DUI lawyer of your choosing could have a significant impact on how your case turns out.
Here are some pointers on what to look out for when picking out an attorney for your DUI/DWI case:
- You ought to retain the services of a lawyer with a good deal of expertise defending clients with accusations comparable to yours.
- Find a lawyer with ties in your area who might also be familiar with particular district attorneys and their methods of prosecuting cases to get the upper hand.
- Aim to pick a lawyer who hasn’t had any significant disciplinary difficulties in the past.
- You can get a feel for what it would be like to work with a lawyer by reading reviews written by prior clients to learn more about their personality, professionalism, and communication abilities.
- Low or free consultation fee.
Henry Goodrich Law Firm is well-connected and experienced in this field; we prioritize helping those in need and empathize with every case. While offering the best legal and professional aid to every family and individual, consultations come at no cost.